Thursday 1 January 2015

2014 favourites: Beauty&Books

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all made the most out of your last day in 2014 yesterday and lets hope 2015 is even better than the last! Todays blog will probably be a sort one as I don't have many products to show and talk about. However some of the books in the blog won't come as a surprise to most of you as they were massive hits in 2014. The products that are in this blog may of not came out in 2014 but I only became aware of them during this year! So lets get into the blog!

Rimmel London Apocolips:                                                                                                              
Although not knowing the name of this shade, I really fell in love with this range of lip-glosses. As they only retail at £6.49 at most Superdrug stores in the UK, It's a bargain as the glosses last a long time and also give good pigmentations and shine to your lips. If I was going to recommend anything from Rimmel London this would be at the top of my list. They do a variety of colours ranging from pinks, red and purples. The only thing that I find at fault with this product is that it does tend to get really messy when applying them if they are a darker colours and I wouldn't recommend this to younger users as the darker colours are more suited for older users.
                                              

French Connection Mascara:
I only got this for Christmas in a set of French Connection products but I instantly found that it was the best mascara I had used. When I first saw the end to which I could use to apply the product I was a bit confused about what it would do. However I found it gave me even coverage throughout my lashes. I don't know if this is sold separately but if it is I highly recommend getting it whatever the price!
Victoria Secret 'Love Spell' body spray:
If I could sum up this spray in one word it would be so 'fetch.' (Comment if you know the movie reference there!) The smell kindly described on the bottle is Peach and Cherry Blossom which also happen to be my favourite two smells anyway! I only have a travel size version but very soon I'm hoping to buy the full size! I do have the 'Love Spell' body lotion however as I don't actually use body lotion I have not tried it yet!

 
 The Fault in Our Stars by John Green:
This was a typical love story but I think what made it more memorable was it was based on a couple with Cancer and to me it had a very big impacted. It reminds us all that we are lucky to not have to deal with a painful illness at this time in our life and we should be thankful for that. Now I did cry while reading this book but I did enjoy the writing style. I didn't cry as much at the movie but it was very true to the book and I give credit to the director. Also to the actors who starred in it because they did look as I pictured them in the book.
Divergent by Veronica Roth:
Let me put this to you simply, this was my favourites'- (if that's  word!)- book in 2014! I connected so much t the character and the film was perfect. I haven't finished the trilogy so no spoilers please! Funnily enough the actor who played 'Tris' was also the actor who played 'Hazel-Grace' in The Fault in Our Stars. I cannot wait for 'Insurgent' to come out in cinemas in March time. I highly recommend this to everyone. Some people say it's a rip off of The Hunger Games, however I much prefer Divergent to that trilogy as it's not all about killing people!

 Thank you all for reading this blog post and feel free to comment down below some of your favourites of 2014. I wish you all a happy 2015!
                                                                                -Jasmilia xo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. 'so fetch' is from mean girls! I love this blog so much!

    ReplyDelete